If you have made a commitment to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, come and declare your faith in Him through baptism!
Baptism is an important step of obedience that shows others we have personally trusted Jesus for our salvation.
In baptism, being submerged under water is a way to physically identify with the death and burial of Jesus followed by being raised out of the water to identify with His resurrection. We believe that water baptism is a public declaration of three important things:
- you are a follower of Jesus Christ
- you are beginning a changed life in Christ
- you are part of a new family
The baptism is a physical representation and celebration of a prior internal commitment.
Email Kim to Sign-up Today! Kim@rollhillchurch.com
Next Baptism Dates: August 26, October 7, November 4
WHAT TO EXPECT?
A party celebrating what God is doing in your life! After you sign-up, whether in person at the connection point or through an email, you’ll get a confirmation email. If it’s an “in service’ baptism you’ll arrive 30 minutes early to the Connect Point to check-in and get further instruction on where to sit, who will baptize you and discuss any questions. If it's a post-service baptism, you’ll need to check-in 15 minutes before service at the connection point and then return there right after service. The following week you’ll get a baptism certificate in the mail. More than anything, expect God to show up as you take steps to be more public with your faith and celebrate what He is doing in your life.
A FEW IMPORTANT NOTES
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the service you’ll be baptized during or after. Meet at the Connection Point located in the middle of the lobby.
- Wear dark colored shirts & shorts. Swim trunks for guys, athletic attire for ladies works well. We will have a free shirt for you to wear and keep, but please bring a dark shirt in case we run out of your size.
- Invite your friends and family to come celebrate with you!
- We love keeping track of stories, share what God is doing in your life before or after here!
- Who will baptize me: One of our pastors will typically baptize you. You can email a special request in and we will accommodate if/when possible. We also love to often have our Kids Director baptize kids and our Youth Pastor baptize youth.
- Is there an age requirement : We typically encourage kids to be able to understand what baptism is and choose for themselves to be baptized. For some, that usually starts around age 7. For younger children, we encourage a dedication where parents dedicate themselves to raising their kids in the Church and faith. Baby dedications are typically done twice a year.
Contact email@example.com or (916)939-3527